Nitartha Summer Institute Registration is now open!
We are very excited that for a second year in a row Rinpoche has agreed to give us teachings on the Samdhinirmocana Sutra (The Sutra Unraveling the Intention [of the Buddha]). This is a crucial sutra for the Yogacara tradition of the third Turning of the Wheel of dharma, and one that is very rarely taught.
This sutra is the classic source from the Buddha’s teachings for unraveling his intent behind teaching three different turnings of the wheel, as well as for his teachings on the eight consciousnesses, three natures, the ultimate, and the path of meditation that leads to nondual realization of the ultimate.
Click here to learn more about the summer Buddhist retreat.
The 2022 Summer Institute will offer:
- Daily teachings by Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche during sessions 1 and 2 (18 talks)
- Mahamudra shamatha and vipashyana for qualified students, led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen during sessions 1 and 2 (9 practices each, on alternating days)
- Daily Community Meditation practice led by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen during sessions 1, 2, and 3 (27 days)
- Three sessions of one shedra (study) level (27 teachings)
- Three sessions of Tibetan language courses
- Two sessions of Befriending Space by Mitra Lee Worley (a mini-course exploring form and space and their relationship to body and mind)
- Two sessions of Lujong (body training exercises developed by Tibetan Buddhist meditation master Khenpo Tsültrim Gyamtso Rinpoche)
Payment plans and financial assistance are available. Click here to apply.