Madhyamakavatara III - Part II
Faculty: Dr. Phil Stanley
This course is a continuation of the in-depth study of Chandrakīrti's Madhyamakāvatāra based on the commentary by the Eighth Karmapa, Mikyö Dorje (1507-1554). It will finish the sixth chapter on the pāramitā of prajñā, which includes the refutation of self of persons and the 16 emptinesses.
- It is highly recommended to have completed the foundation and intermediate curricula before taking this course.
- The Karmapa’s Middle Way: Feast for the Fortunate, A Commentary on Chandrakirti’s Madhyamakāvatāra by Wangchuk Dorje. Translated by Tyler Dewar, 2008 Snow Lion Publications
- Commentary on Feast for the Fortunate, Ground Six, by The Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche & Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen, Nitartha Institute Publications
- Advanced Madhyamaka II & III The Sixth Chapter, by Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen, Nitartha Institute Publications
- Commentary on the Entrance to the Middle Way: Chapter Six, Part Two, by The Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche. Volume 3, Nitartha Institute Publications
Visit Nitartha Publications to order your texts.
To be announced soon. - , TBD-TBD Pacific Time
Nitartha’s Payment Plan and Financial Assistance (PPFA) program is funded by fellow students to support those who would not be able to attend the Institute’s courses without this assistance. To request aid, please fill out the PPFA application before you register for the course.