Beginning Colloquial Tibetan
Faculty: Nima Bhuti
This class is oriented toward students who have no experience or little experience with colloquial Tibetan using the standard Lhasa dialect. The first session will cover:
1. The Tibetan alphabet (30 consonants and 4 vowels)
2. How to write Tibetan letters
3. The structural breakdown of Tibetan syllables including suffixes, prefixes, superscribed, subscribed, suffix letters, etc.
4. How the structural breakdown of Tibetan syllables affects pronunciation
5. How to spell Tibetan words aloud
6. Extensive practice on spelling aloud and pronouncing Tibetan words
7. Practice making short Tibetan sentences
Tuesdays and Fridays, 4 10 月, 2022 - 16 12 月, 2022, 6:00 PM-7:30 PM Pacific Time
Nitartha’s Payment Plan and Financial Assistance (PPFA) program is funded by fellow students to support those who would not be able to attend the Institute’s courses without this assistance. To request aid, please fill out the PPFA application before you register for the course.