Nitartha Institute Fundraising Director Job Description
Nitartha Institute is recruiting a fundraising director to develop and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy. Position will average 5-6 hours per week over the course of a year (275 hours per year), but would have times of highlighted activity during fundraising campaigns around end of year, Losar, and the summer institute. Free attendance to Summer Institute is included. Pay is $20 per hour for a projected amount of $5,600 per year.
This person must be self-motivated and be willing to reach out to individuals both in person and online and develop a robust list of regular donors. The job also entails designing email campaigns and in-person presentations.
- Implement the Fundraising plan for Nitartha, which have been developed by the Nitartha Executive Committee. This plan consists of 3 separate campaigns throughout the year
- Work closely with the Managing Director and with the Executive Committee on refining the plan to meet changing conditions
- Reach out to individuals on a regular basis to develop good donor relations
- Keep donor list updated throughout the year
- Design letters of appeal to donors as well as thank you letters
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation for summer institute and other venues
- Work with faculty representatives on specific initiatives
You will be part of a great team and work closely with the director and executive committee of a successful 25-year running Institute.
Some fundraising and outreach experience would be ideal. This person must be willing to engage in reaching out to individuals personally and regularly. They must be able to work well independently, and also work with a dynamic team of experienced administrators, faculty and staff. Familiarity with Nitartha, the curriculum, and summer program, are all considered a plus but not necessary to apply for the position.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions before applying, please contact Michael at 720-310-0422.